My Blog List

Monday, March 28, 2011

response to I know the truth

According to the article " I know the truth, So don't bother me with facts" by Jeffrey Kluger in time magazine, talks about how easy society could believe in facts even though they know it might be wrong.

The authors states that society is affected by lies and rumors. For example, the mosque that is going to be build tenth miles away from the 9/11 on the site of the coat factory. A lot of Americans do not agree with this because they have read a lot of things on the newspapers that are against the place where they want to build it but they would not read or have not read the opposite which it could be good things about the Culture Center.
Another thing the author mentions is hard to let people understand the truth even with evidence because what is already in the human’s brain is hard to prove wrong no matter if you have evidence that proves them wrong. In the other hand we have some people that may not always agree with the facts so they actually welling to believe in the truth.
At some point in your life you must of have live an illusion you was trap in your own cave. When I was a child I use to believe in Santa Clause I mean who did not believe in him at some point of your life. I use to believe Santa was real until I was 9 years old, no matter what my friends use to say I was trap in my illusion that Santa does exist and that all they saying is lies to me, but one Christmas eve I cough my grandmother putting my present under the tree. So, at the age of 9 is when I came out of ma cave and believe the reality Santa never exists is just something that we all grow up believing in it. 
Like in the allegory of the cave the author prove to us that living in a cave for your entire life and leaving in your own illusion would not help you realize what’s really going on out there in the real world. The allegory of the cave and I know the truth so dint bother me with facts relate to each other. The way they realty to each other is that people live in their own illusion and they do not want to accept reality because they afraid to know was behind the real world.                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment